Saturday night

Tonight I'm asking myself why I blog, and coming up with an answer. An inflated sense of self importance? Possibly. But really it seems to just be an outlet. Tonight especially I have a reason for this.
I came stumbling down the stairs this morning to a ringing phone. It was my dad, calling to say he was at the hospital. Mum had to be taken in last night in the ambulance because she had serious breathing problems. As I write she is still there, dignified and tired. Me? I'm feeling guilty that there's nothing I can do.
So, whatever the reason is for me, or anyone else, to blog, I'm thankful for having an outlet. I'm also thinking about Jenna, who is with her mum and sister in Wales tonight, and my wonderful parents, who haven't spent many nights apart in the past 49 years.

Comments

Popular Posts