Mixing 2

An afternoon back at Richard's place mixing the album. He had fixed the computer's ills and we had a glitch free session mixing two further tracks. It's hard to show enthusiasm for someone else's work, especially when it doesn't connect even vaguely with your own style. I am, therefore, terrifically impressed with Richard's attention to detail and willingness to mix all this stuff I've produced.

Today's disaster was the discovery that the lush strings at the top of track three were distorted. Quite how I hadn't heard this before I have no idea. We had two solutions; process the sound of the strings until it was hard to know what was distorted and what wasn't (tempting - after all this is non-mainstream, avant garde stuff so who'd know) or go home and re-record the strings. I opted for the latter.

Comments

Popular Posts