Police 2

It's only Tuesday but it feels like Friday. I seem to be fighting a cold, or maybe a light flu.

The Police are reforming to play at this year's Grammy show. I've been a fan since 1978 and saw them play live, got inspired by the way they could rock out, improvise and leave holes in their music. But oh no, I don't fancy this. My first reaction was disappointment that the Police seem (and I stress this as the tour is only a rumour for now) to be treading in the wake of too many other bands. Reforming when the best choice would have been to leave their legacy alone. But, as a friend reminded me, Sting's a clever guy and he's unlikely to change his mind about being in this band again without a good reason. I'm pretty sure it's not just motivated by money though. Let's see.

Comments

Popular Posts