House and car

The house has been undergoing some major changes recently. The room that was a nursery is now partly stripped of wallpaper as, hlafway through the process we found the plaster underneath was in a terrible state. Stripping the paper has proved to be harder than we thought as the previous owners of the house used some sort of American military secret high grade super tough wallpaper. When people in DIY shops say "oh yeah, just damp it with a sponge and the paper will pretty much fall off" I want to shout back... "no, it's some sort of American military secret high grade super tough wallpaper. You's need a flamethrower!" Things could be progressing faster.

Having updated the computer I've also had to update the car. My old vehicle was officially described as a 'deathtrap' by the man at the garage and so, today, J and I took possession of a sparkling blue Renault Scenic. It's very nice, and I'm a man who does not get excited about cars. Not even slightly. So it was with some surprise that I beheld the new addition to the family (named Miles by J) and thought about all the gigs I could drive to and all the baby related holiday type moments we could have. I must be getting old.

Now then, I must get back to that YouTube thing...

Comments

Popular Posts