NYC & me


We all know today is the ten year anniversary of 9/11. Regular readers of this blog will know how I spent that day and my feeling on all the after effects (although I'll save my annoyance with the conspiracy therorists for another day).

But, twenty years and a few months before the planes destroyed the towers I was there, munching a packet of crisps, being staggered by the view and having huge amounts of fun being an ocean away form everyone I knew (apart form my great pal, David, who had come to NYC with me). We were freshly in work, with money to spare and decided Manhattan would be a fun place for two teenagers to go to. Everyone we mentioned our plans to told us how dangerous it was, how naive and stupid we were to go and how likely we were to end up face down in the Hudson. We went anyway. We had fun, we met girls, we watched Star Wars and went shopping. We walked through a variety of neighbourhoods and saw the Dakota building. I don't think either of us really wanted to come home.

New York City means a lot to me and I look forward to seeing it again.

Comments

Popular Posts