More Music

6th September 2012 by WJCruttenden
6th September 2012, a photo by WJCruttenden on Flickr.
This last week has been a tough one. My dad has been in hospital with a problem relating to his cancer. A few nights ago I was preparing to say goodbye. Tonight things look a little better.
While this is going on I've been keeping the momentum of some new musical projects going. One band has a gig looming and we are required to play covers for some of it. This being the drum-free trio we'll be putting an interesting spin on things. Another band, still forming and growing is giving me a place to play music that has only existed in my head (and in demos on Garageband) until now. This is very exciting. But last night, having read as much as I could, I picked up the oud and attempted to play something meaningful. What I actually played was badly intonated and sloppy, but it showed me how poerful this quiet, delicate instrument could be when I finally get more experience with it.
Driving to and from hospital and the dayjob the piles of CDs that act like an emergency reserve of emotional strength, keep me company.

Comments

Popular Posts