Writing... and an update on my dad.


With serious concerns about the health of my dad to deal with, the dayjob, two small children and two active musical projects , only an idiot would take on a writing project that lasts all of November.

I am that idiot.

I’m not attempting the NaNoWriMo novel again (that should be next year) as 50,000 words might just kill me. However, I do have another idea which I want to use NaNoWriMo’s concept for. For those of you who don’t know it. NaNoWriMo’s basic concept is  that you write a 50,000 (or more)  word novel in November. You can plan as much as you like before-hand but all the writing happens in November. The secret to doing this is not to revise, or so much as peek at what you’ve written until the calendar says 1st December. It’s worked for me, twice.

So, this November I’m going to use that approach to write something different. All will be revealed next month.

For those of you interested in my dad, he’s still telling stories and managing a little walking. He is finding eating difficult and that is having an unfortunate effect on his overall health. He once told me that if he knew he only had a few months left he’d take up pipe smoking again. This hasn’t happened, yet.

Comments

Popular Posts