Building the periodic table out of biscuits


My daughter attends a school where they stress religion. She is, of course, free to make her own choices but already she is a believer. More importantly, an unquestioning believer. I’m all for tolerance, but asking questions of your belief system is a good, if scary, idea.

So, imagine how happy I became when I discovered the school has, for the past few weeks, been highlighting the joys of science. The daughter has latched on to the wonders of the universe, not to mention the wonders available just from being alive. We watched a programme about the sun and she was hooked from beginning to end. This week her class has been constructing the periodic table (a thing of beauty to me) out of biscuits. This can only end well.

Comments

Popular Posts