NaNoWri... in a Mo

This year was my third go at writing a novel with NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I never believed I was writing anything great but I did feel I was exercising my writing muscles and learning a lot about structure and what does and doesn't work. The last two attempts still live in my hard drive, waiting to be properly edited and polished.

This time round though I haven't managed to get to the required 50,000 words on time. Well, if I can write 10,000 words tonight I could, but that just isn't going to happen.

Although it won't get finished on time it will get finished. Once upon a time I was a person who couldn't finish anything. Now I can't let anything remain unfinished. More importantly, I've left the main characters in a car park and it wouldn't be responsible to leave them there.

My new, self imposed, deadline is Christmas.

Comments

Popular Posts