An update

Things have been a bit quiet here at the blog. Almost every facet of my life has been a little (or a lot) more complicated and spare time has been in incredibly short supply. Enough excuses though... the house/neighbour problem is moving to a new stage. I can't openly write about all of it at the moment but I can say there are some positive forces at work. We've been through this for two years now and it will still take a long time to settle, however, there is a potential end in sight.

Because of what's going on with the neighbour problem my family and I are having to work a lot harder just to get normal, everyday things done. Our daughter is coping well with this, our son... not so well. The sooner we sort it out the sooner we can get back to worrying about normal things like jobs, money and the cultural importance of photography.

In the musical world there has been great progress. The Band With No Name Yet has another recording session coming up and we've been working on backing vocals and a few arrangement changes for our first four songs. The attention to detail is high and I'm very pleased with the direction it's taking. This won't be anything like my Spingere project but I suspect there are only about four people in the world who really like that stuff anyway. The Band with No Name Yet (we really will get a name) has been a delight and it's allowed me to work with people I truly love working with.

The trio has been on hold while the piano player and guitarist travel around the world doing fun stuff. We have a new album to complete and some changes to apply. This too is band that works hard and has fun. It's another case of working with the right people and being open to change.

The only other music news that I am directly associated with is that my Spingere project is still, still, STILL churning around what will be its new album. I've complicated things by changing the parameters of what I'm doing again. This is the musical version of shoe shopping. You visit twenty different shops and end up the the first one. Well, not a a great analogy as I tend to get fed up after two shops, but you get the idea. The other thing is that my oud playing has improved greatly since I replaced the beautiful, traditional oud with a Godin Multioud (a modernised version). Everything that got in the way of playing and learning has gone. I am having a great time.

In the greater music world I am excited to hear what comes of my pal Lee Fletcher's new album. His last one was a feast of ideas and melodies. Expectations are high for the one he's working on now. King Crimson have reformed, which is exciting. Some new music could result, if the promo poster is anything to go on.

The Neil Cowley Trio have a new album called Touch and Flee, which I'm enjoying greatly too. Other fab new acquisitions are 'The Imagined Saviour is Easier to Paint' by Ambrose Akinmusire and Kin by Pat Metheny. The Metheny album grew on me greatly over the last month after an initial feeling that it was a bit dull. The more I listen the more I love it.

Lots to do. Lots to look forward to.

Comments

Lee Fletcher said…
Thank you Will! I hope you'll enjoy the results when they come together… :-)

Popular Posts