The Phonetic Alphabet - sorted at last!


I have been fascinated by the TED talks ever since I saw my first one some years ago. Typically for me I felt an irrational desire to be on that stage, showing the assembled audience my amazing idea. Without an actual amazing idea though, I wasn’t likely to do this.

Until now.

Of all the world’s serious problems surely one of the biggest is the Phonetic Alphabet. What? Not a problem? Well of course it is. For a start there are two phonetic alphabets. That can be confusing enough but hen factor in the problems with explaining either one to a four year old. “What does Alpha mean?” “What is a Foxtrot?” “Why do they say Sierra?”

So, to combat this problem I have created the (admittedly Cruttenden family-centric) phonetic alphabet. My gift to you.


Apples

Bananas

Custard

Dog

Elephant

Fart

Goat

Happy

Igloo

Jumper

Kick

Lemon

Mouse

Numpty

Octopus

Pants

Queen

Rubbish

Spacehopper

Toilet

Underpants

Vomit

Willy

X-Box

Zappa

 

Now, where’s the number for TED?

Comments

Popular Posts