Pneumonia Blues

I'm having a rough week thanks to a chest infection that turned into pneumonia. Bed rest, appropriate drugs, lots of water and no going out are bad enough but that I can't do much to help my wife, who is working doubly hard - this is the tough part.

You have to take pneumonia seriously though, as it can turn from bad to worse very quickly. It's also quite debilitating.

One of the weirder side effects is that I keep being reminded of my dad, who pent his last day in bed, coughing a lot and having increasingly trouble breathing. He didn't have pneumonia of course, but oesophageal cancer. Even if my coughing sounds just like his, I'm on quite a different path here.

Also, I do have a wonderful book to read. My reading had been quite patchy lately and my wife bought me a pile of books at Christmas  which were starting to gather dust. A bit ironic then that I should now pick up Andy Miller's 'The Year Of Reading Dangerously' which has kick-started my love of books. It's also given me that pleasurable feeling that I'm not alone as it reflects plenty of my good and bad habit. I had the same feeling with Nick Hornby's 'High Fidelity'.

Another help is, as ever, music. Today I am mostly listening to Lorenzo Feliciati's Koi album.

Back and better soon.


Comments

Popular Posts