Dream in Eb


So, I had another dream to music experience. This time I was conjuring up a weird game show which involved people dancing in the wilderness. On waking, and trying to come to terms with my unconscious, the phrase, ‘Dancing in the Wilderness’ stuck.

In the early morning it bounced around my head while I was supposed to be thinking about more important things. By mid-morning a music sequence arrived, made up of intervals, rather than specific notes. I jotted this down and then, in the evening, found an opening chord and followed the intervals until I had 72 bars of music.

Once this was all written out I started harmonising the notes to produce triad chords, figuring I could play these on a piano and get real, grown up musicians to elaborate on them later.


Nothing about this project is going the way I had planned. I find that exciting.

Comments

Popular Posts