Jóhann Jóhannsson

Just before I went to sleep last night I check my news feed and saw that Jóhann Jóhannsson had died.

I had discovered his work thanks to the musician, Trey Gunn, who had posted a glowing review of a concert he's just been to of Jóhannsson's work. Trey was keen to point out that, as good as the recordings were, it was the live performance that had really got to him.

I've had to rely on the recordings but even they were enough to make me a fan. There is a rare depth in this man's music that will live way beyond him. It will also serve to remind us of what he might have written, if that had been possible.

Search out his music, if you don't know it. My introduction was the wonderfully titled, 'And in the Endless Pause Came the Sound of Bees.'

R.I.P. Jóhann Jóhannsson

Comments

Popular Posts